Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Little Devils

I believe I mentioned to you all that we had a Halloween party to go to this year besides ours. I wasn't sure if I wanted to Snooki it up again or go a different route. I felt rather large and in charge with my Snooki costume and while it was fun, the piles of make-up I also had to use to get the full effect just didn't seem appealing to apply for a second go around.

The party had a "Montster Mash" theme and you don't have to dress theme accordingly but most do or try. Mark had thought he wanted to do a zombie because he figured that would be cheap. Just put on some fake scars and make-up with regular clothes. Once he got the looking he decided it might take more work than he wanted and he decided on a devil. I was pleased with this decision because even though we don't have to dress in similar fashion...we rarely have in past Halloweens...I kind of liked it this year. Maybe I'm just more needy since pregnant. Anyways, I was pleased because I just so happened to have a bright red maternity dress and all I really had to buy was horns. I also splurged the $6 for a trident too.

Mark's horns plus Spirit Gum to hold them on cost less than $10 so we both rocked our costumes for under $20. One of our old room mates had left a shirt perfect for Mark's costume and he wore back pants.

maternity devil, maternity red dress
My belly looks HUGE in this picture!

Giedo photo bombed each picture!

Lovin' eachother!

I like Marks horns.

I love this one! Mark makes me laugh.

Family photo.

Giedo wanted to be in all the photos until we wanted him to be.
maternity devil


We had a good time at the party. I made caprese skewers and they lasted all of about 20 minutes. There was some other good food too but I didn't graze too much. I sipped on water throughout the night and we left around 11:30pm. We didn't know a lot of people there this year but we still had fun. Mark got to catch up with some of his old work people and I pretty much hung out with my friend Chelsea.

I am not going to lie, it was slightly depressing seeing some other the other girls with awesome bodies rocking tiny costumes and looking amazing in them but I just had to remind myself that I was pregnant and I'll be there again some day. On that same note, I did feel really cute. It was fun to wear some heels, I thought my dress was flattering, and I was digging my hair and make-up so over all I felt pretty good about myself.

That was our last Halloween party of the season and I have officially made it through one of my most favorite times of the year without a single cocktail. I also really enjoyed myself and had some really fun times this October. I was so certain life would come to a screeching halt once pregnant but, good news, it doesn't.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment