Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guest Room

As I mentioned in an earlier post Mark and I have had room mates ever since we bought our house 3.5 years ago. They all moved out recently and I was anxious to make the extra bedrooms nice. We have 3 bedrooms besides our own and they were completely empty after the room mates left. That didn't last long though and we have already completed...or mostly completed our guest bedroom.

There will probably be a few things we will add to this room here and there but for the mean time it is complete. We finished it up before our Halloween party and may have my grandmother staying in it for Thanksgiving. It would be nice to use our guest room for a guest.

Here are some before and afters of our guest room. It started off a very dark pinkish color. At one point it was a mustard yellow and when we had a room mate swap it got painted a dark pink and I have no idea why we choose that color  but anyways, it is now a bright cheery yellow.

BEFORE
The pink and awful cheap brown satiny curtains. Yikes!



DURING

Peach Tickle from Valspar.

It took about 3 coats, this is after one. 

AFTER

We got some curtains and a quilt from Wal-Mart. We never shop there but wanted to finish up and it was 10pm so they were all that was open selling curtains and bedding. 

We moved Marks Jim Booth picture to the room and it goes PERFECT! 

I'm also pleased that this coat rack fits well with the room because I didn't have a spot for it and I did not want to get rid of it. 

Giedo approves. :) 

The little rainbow row picture looks a tad small for this space so I may be adding some stuff around it soon. 

Note the awesome lamp to the bottom right. It's a touch lamp...ohhhh yeaaaahhh!
So the guest room is complete and we just love it. The pictures make it look just a tad brighter than it really is. We finished up late at night and Mark and I both got up first thing this morning to look at it and ooohhh and aaawwww. It's just nice to have a clean spacious room that you enjoy looking at and that doesn't get cluttered with every day living. 

Paint color was Peach Tickle from Valspar, we spent about $100 on painting supplies. Bedding w/ sheets & curtains cost us just under $100. The boxes stacked and looking like suit cases I bought for keepsakes and just moved the from another room (more on them later), and every single other thing including the furniture was passed down from either my family or Marks. I think mostly mine except the awesome touch lamp. :) So our guest room cost us about $200. I'll take it!

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment