Saturday, October 27, 2012

Motley Halloween Party

Our party has come and gone already and typically we don't have it until the last weekend in October. We had so much fun. Although we had a blast I have to admit that throwing a party is hard work. You saw our Halloween decorations and that was done well before but there's also a lot of effort that goes into making drinks, cleaning, prepping the kitchen, and whatever else.

That work also gets doubled when you put things off like, decorating the entire outside, until the last minute. Then...the day of the party, when you and your husband are supposed to finish up he gets stuck at work until an hour before the party starts and your pregnant behind is left with a to do list a mile long after your own busy work day and you can't even have a darn cocktail to take the edge off. Well, no problem there because I am super woman and all.

The house was done in time but I was exhausted by the time the party started and I still had to get all Snookified and in party mode...and again, that's much more difficult without the cocktail but I managed. I got in a festive party mood, passed out jello shots galore, chatted it up with friends, showed off a few dance moves, and over all enjoyed myself and I think others did as well.





Ladies!

Giedo is always ready to party!


Our party in general was smaller and much quieter than normal which I can't say was too disappointing to me this year. Some how, despite this being the quietest, calmest party we have ever had the cops (for the first time ever) got called on us and we were threatened with a noise ticket. Looking back I sort of wish I had spoken more to the cop about it. For starters there was no way it could have gotten quieter. We were all talking in normal voices and music was being played at about the level you might keep your TV on.

Ridiculous, but you know what they say, "You know you had a good party when the cops get called". Our party started at 9 and that happened at about 1:30 so everyone left about then which, in my preggo opinion was good timing. We've been known to have our party lasting until almost sunset, ick!

So that about covers the Motley Halloween Party 2012 preggo style. I made it and I enjoyed it!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment