Sunday, October 21, 2012

Decorating for Halloween

Halloween is my most favorite time to decorate for! Our whole entire house gets Halloweened up come October. Mostly in anticipation for our annual Halloween Party but also just because I LOVE to decorate for Halloween. It's so much fun. Below are all photos of our house decked out for the festive holiday. Also, enjoy the cheesy photo editing, I felt it helped add the the fun effects.

Where did we get this bat?! Haha, I commonly asked question. It was from Sams about 5 years ago. My previous boss thought it would look good in the store...a happy friendly bird store, and I disagree so that that the store is ours, so is the bat.

I LOVE these wall stickers. I would cover my whole house in these wall stickers but friendly word of advice, unstick them after a few days. Bad things happen when you leave them on for too long.

What's Halloween without fake cob webs...or are they real MWAHAHAHAHA!

LOVE the wall stickers.

The caged guy is new to our decor this year. More on him a few pictures down.

Scary doorway person, always a must even if it doesn't even fit the door.

Some cardboard, dollar tree accents scattered around.

One of my faves.

Just like I said I love the wall stickies, I also love the floor stickers. New this year....bloody foot prints.

Creepy candle holder...poor photo.

Dollar tree delight!

New from a friend this year! Happy to add him to our collection.

Um...did I mention I like the wall stickers.

Papaw (my grandfather) made this lantern for us!

And here it is lit up. I LOVE it. We have a Christmas one too.

I also love the window shadows.

I scatter these fake roaches around the house for our party but afterwards pick them up because I HATE roaches and these look pretty real in person.

This came in a huge plastic sheet of signs. We are down to only a few now.

Oh yeah...more wall stickers. 

And...last but not least...MORE wall stickers. 
So what did I say, I LOVE decorating for Halloween. We also do the yard and our walkway to get to the backyard.

Other fun things to do to add to the Halloween party ambiance is:
  • Change out all lights to colored lights or take out some bulbs to set mood lighting
  • Light candles
  • Play creepy music
  • Have your DVD player playing a "Scary Faces" or Halloween dvd so guest don't get distracted by the football game or anything else on TV
  • Cover furniture with Halloween coverings or old white sheets with option blood splatter. If your parties get a little "crazy" this also helps protect your furniture from spills.
  • Fog machine running
  • Strobe light from behind a closed door. It's creepy but not so "in your face". Strobe lights can be intense.
I hope you have enjoyed peaking at our decor and gotten some ideas of your own.

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment