Friday, October 12, 2012

Ghost from Halloween Past

It's October and this week in Charleston it has even FELT like October! The weather has been fabulous and Mark & I have been getting our house all ready for our annual Halloween party! I LOVE Halloween. Mark is more of a Christmas person but I would turn our whole entire house into a "haunted house" every year when Oct came around if I had the money & time.

This year is a little different. I have to say I was a bit down when it hit me that I will be preggo for Halloween this year. Not just because I love making fun cocktails for the occasion and drinking them with my friends but also because I LOVE dressing up in scantily clad outfits, over doing my make-up...ect. It doesn't have the same effect when you feel like a whale on some days. Plus you are limited, hot police woman...out, suggestive referee...out, sexy turtle or whatever other ridiculous animal they would like to make sexy...OUT. Now those of you more mature & wiser than me may be saying "You don't have to dress like a 'stank' every year for halloween" and...you are probably right but why stop now! Haha! Don't get your panties in a wad. You won't be seeing me sporting thigh highs, fish nets, or two pieces but you won't see me wearing a box either.

They have the "bun in the oven" costume, the preggo nun, the cute skeleton with/ baby skeleton...which, btw is super cute. I may get that in a t-shirt for the season. All of these are cute but not me and I couldn't see myself walking around all Halloween looking forward to your typical preggo costumes. Now you may be wondering my choice and I will be happy to share but not just yet. In the mean time I am going to share with you my "Ghost from Halloween Past" or all my costumes from years past.


Halloween 2007
 Halloween 2007 was Mark & I's first Halloween together. He had a Halloween party at his townhouse and it was one of the most ridiculous parties ever. We have sure grown up since then. Why is Mark not pictured? Because quite honestly he was an embarassment. His costume was entirely innappropriate (which says A LOT coming from me) and he was looking kindda rough. Haha.

Halloween 2008

Halloween 2008
Halloween 2009 Mark & I attended a party that my moms friends threw. It was an older group so we toned it down some and both dressed as "toga" type people. Mark worked that halloween but I went downtown with a friend as a firegirl. I LOVED that costume and felt super sexy. We didn't stay downtown long before we went to our typical hangout at the time "Bobby Hartins".
Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009
This was the first year we had our house & our first time hosting our Halloween party. We also go to another couples Halloween party and in 2009 they had a superhero theme. We dressed in Captain America attire. A group of girls I was friends with at the time wanted to dress as the Fanta Soda girls. They aren't pictured but we looked cute as a group and that is what my yellow dress is about. Mark dressed at a "Hello my name is" name tag and you could change what it said with a dry earase marker. People had fun with that.

Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010
Halloween 2010 the other couple had a "rock star" theme so we dressed up for that. Mark went all out as you can tell and was the star of the party. We had another party to go to in which I dressed like Medusa. I also dressed like Medusa for our party and Mark kept his rockstar costume for that one. It was so much fun but I'm glad to see the zebra spandex go into retirement. Haha.

Halloween 2011

Halloween 2011
Last minute Halloween night 2011 I was invited out to a costume party at a local dive. I didn't want to wear my masquerade get up for about the 100th time that year so I quickly cut up some white sheets and made myself a mummy costume. I looked super cute if I do say so myself. For our Hallween party and every other one we attended last year I work a black frilly dress, a suit jacket, fishnets, tall boots and my mask. That costume and this photo really make me want to get my body back after baby! Mark dressed at a German Beer dude for each party in 2011.

We have such good times every Halloween and I'm determined to fully enjoy Halloween this year too! Hopefully I'll have some fun post to share and won't be a debbie downer just because this Halloween is different from years past. On a brighter note, next Halloween I get to dress up Eli!!! I think Mark & I could buy him 100 costumes already. Our poor child. :)


Happy Halloween Season!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment