Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3D Ultrasound

We were so excited for our second ultrasound that we could both be at since Mark missed the first real one. Before our second ultrasound we had plans on going to get the 3D ultrasound done around 26 weeks or so so that we could see another glimpse at our baby. Some of the 3D ultrasound pictures look a little scary but some of them are cute and supposedly that has a lot to do with timing. If you go too early your baby looks mostly like a sunken in skeleton and if you go too late you get nothing but pieces of your baby.

At our second ultrasound when we found out we were having a boy we were so excited. Our technician did a brief 3D segment and gave us some photos from the regular ultrasound and the 3D. And like a proud mother I hid all the 3D pictures and only showed people the regular ones. Haha, truthfully those 3D pictures did not do our baby justice and I didn't even like to look at them much less share them with other people. They were not fun to look at.

I started thinking, I mean, we know he is a boy, unless something crazy happens and the clear evidence as I shared with you all here just falls off between now and birth, and the 3D pictures weren't all that great then why would we go pay the extra money for a 3D session. We had wanted to at first so that certain family and close friends could join us if they wanted but we shared our photos with them anyways and none of them seemed like they'd be heartbroken if we decided to not do the extra 3D thing. Also my Bradley teacher brought up a point that ultrasounds in particular the 3D, 4D, 5D...whatever they want to call it, are not necessarily proven safe.

I did some of my own research and I found that no study is really conclusive either way. I think to be on the safe side...and cheap side we are just going to pass on it. We thought it was really cool at first but after the 2nd ultrasound we are just so excited it is a boy and ready to get working on the nursery. We'd rather spend the $100 or so dollars on things for the nursery. Speaking of nursery... I need to do a post on this soon. SO much FUN!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment