Sunday, October 14, 2012

Skins Blahs

Ick, I hate looking in the mirror with no make-up on at this point. I feel like I've reverted back to my middle school days when I broke up with my 13 year old boyfriend and he called me a pizza face because of a few pimples. Which...by the way...is their a better word for pimples. They are all gross no matter what. I guess I could go with blemish. Eh, anyways, I didn't have terrible skin at 13 but I didn't have make-up to hide imperfections and I did have a few zits blemishes so to speak of that were less than attractive. Now my past is coming back to haunt me except this time I do have make-up. Thank God for that!

I've always worn cheap make-up with the exception of my mascara which is still pretty cheap. I'm talking Revlon instead of Wet N' Wild here. The thought of spending more than $20 on a foundation or concealer is just appaling to me but I'm almost tempted to hit up the mall make-up booths and see what they can do with this mess of a face I feel like I have right now. Just a few simple things may be nice like a good concealer. I don't have to dress up for my job, we own a nature & seed shop so you aren't going to see me caking on the foundation either but I do like to look pretty. I'm thinking a GOOD concealer & powder may do just fine, plus my regular blush & eye make-up routine would be all I need to tame these adolscent looking skin probelms.

On top of hormones I can probably blame my trice daily routine of "oiling" the belly. My skin does break out a little with lotions and especially oils. Although I don't put it on my face, it's on my hands which inevitably touch my face. I also won't be stopping that routine but I will try to be better at giving my face an extra wash at night.

We had our Halloween party last night and I had the make-up piled on. I was a trooper and stayed up until everyone left, around 1:30am and THEN was a good girl and showered off giving my face a double wash before getting some Zzzz's knowing that I'd be a disaster today if I didn't. Thankfully I did. I had a few fun new blemishes but...nothing too bad. Ah, the joys of pregnancy continue.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment