Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Preggo Halloween

I told you in a recent post I wasn't digging the pregnant nun costume, the bun in the oven, or any other limited "typical" preggo Halloween costume. I like dressing up and feeling sexy for Halloween and why stop just because I am pregnant. Well, I can't say I exactly felt "sexy" but it was a fun costume and since my husband decided to be supportive last minute and be my "baby daddy", (you'll see) everyone got a good laugh.

My costume started with a "dress" that is really more like a shirt. I bought it for Valentines day one year online and had no idea it would be so....clubby. I'm all about if you got it flaunt it but there's a line in the flaunt it and just let it all hang out. Regardless, I did not rock this dress as a dress but instead paired it with a shorter maternity pencil skirt from target.

Spandex, red, rhinestones....it was perfect.
I mean, check out this bling. Cha CHING!

After the red spandex, rhinestone top and black skirt it was time to pile on the make up!
Remember that "cheap" make-up I referred to a few post back? Here it is.

I also wore the cheapest false lashes. I'm all about some fake lashes.

Oh yes, and plenty of bronzer. The Milan is way better than NYC especially for the purpose of this costume.
Oh yes, let me not forget. The make-up was not just limited to my face. It went everywhere the eye could see using this newly found product.

Wow! This stuff is amazing!
Just a side note I will be using this Sally Hansen Airbrush Leg stuff in the future. It is AMAZING! It goes on like make-up, looks like sunless tanner, and washes off in the shower with soap and a good scrub and let me emphasize a GOOD SCRUB. It's "waterproof" and they ain't lyin! Also if you note the "deep glow" color description on the bottle then you probably have a better idea of my costume already. The deep glow was dark and I mean dark! When I purchase this in the future not for Halloween I will be sure to get the proper color to match my skin which at the moment is ghost white.

If you haven't put it together yet, or gotten bored and went ahead and scrolled to the bottom, my last staple for this costume was this.
"Jersey Gurl" wig from Target! 

Haha! I don't know why Targets website has this girl as their "Jersey Gurl", she doesn't look half bad to me. Plus that wig looks WAY better on her than I. So there it is, I was Snooki and Mark was Snooki baby daddy. We don't watch Jersey Shore but if the internet is correct then that would make him Jionni LaValle. I feel silly just throwing those names out there. Put all my prep together and this is what you get...


Fist Pump! At least I here that's what it is and what they do. :)

Wow, that's...eh...rough. Hahaha! We had a great time at our party though and enjoyed our costumes. We have another party to go to the last Sat of the month and it has a Monster Mash theme. I may change it up for that if I have something different to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment