Monday, October 1, 2012

"I loved being pregnant"

Several times I have heard women say "Oh I just loved being pregnant". I honestly don't get it. While I LOVE feeling little kicks and I LOVE knowing the end result I can not say I LOVE being pregnant. Maybe I haven't given it enough time. I mean, is 22 weeks enough time? I can't imagine that amazing things are about to happen and I am going to all the sudden love it. It's an experience that's for sure and one I am glad to be experiencing, but mostly it's a means to an end.

I would love to embrace this experience even more than I already am but I don't even know where to begin. It's a mindset and I don't know why I just can't fully dive into it. Again, I appreciate being pregnant and I am so blessed to be carrying our baby. I'm also happy that I'm the one that gets to feel little Eli kick and turn instead of Mark. It makes me happy all throughout the day. I can't help but smile when I feel my little man. I love the reminder but...eh...I just don't think in the end I'll be one to say "Oh I just loved being pregnant".

I should be more positive and here are some things I like about being pregnant:
-People are nice to you. No one wants to upset a preggo.
-My husband and I have been brought infinately closer together through all of it. He has been my rock and though we aren't perfect, (who is) we have really bonded in an amazing way and I can't wait to see how the birth of our child effects us. 
-When I carry seed out to peoples car I get looks or even comments like I am super woman just for being pregnant and lifting 20-40lbs. It's silly but I like the positive attention.
-Attention from family. I heard that you should enjoy your pregnancy because it will seem like the very last time people will actually shower YOU with attention and not your precious little one.
-Taking naps and not feeling guilty. I do sometimes feel guilty but everyone else is so understanding and even encouraging of my nap time. Not because I'm an overly emtional wacko either because I'm not.
-Feeling kicks and tickles in the tum tum. Though, this one could be cancelled out but the fact that I'd rather see his kicks and tickles on the outside when he is born. ;)

Hmmm...I guess that's all for now. Those are nice things and I just need to keep remembering that any ache, pain, fatness feeling or peeing every 5 minutes that I don't enjoy is just my body preparing to bring our precious child into this world.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment