Saturday, October 13, 2012

How soon is too soon?

I have no idea when other people started buying their baby things. From what I read and hear it's all over the board. This is my mother in laws first grandchild and she was out buying neutral color clothes immediately. Two of her close friend got Eli his first baby gifts when I was about 8 weeks pregnant. CRAZY is what I thought at first, especially when everyone in the online community talks about waiting until after the first trimester to even tell people so your risk for a miscarriage is lower. Mark wanted to buy him stuff right away too, this is before we knew baby Motley was a he.

At 14 weeks we were told we were having a boy and I still held off on buying things for a while. I was skeptical since she told us so early but Mark bought a few outfits and same with my mother in law. My brothers child (1st child) is a boy and so we will have plenty from my family. Mark started making comments about how I haven't bought him anything and finally I caved and bought two cute little outfits and we got a changing table.

As soon as we got boy confirmation at our 20 week ultrasound in came more clothes from my MIL and some from Mark, we also bought several items on Amazon for his nursery and I had recently won a crib & a dresser from Baby Bloomers. I won't got into detail about that just yet but we also, at 20 weeks, registered at one place. Call US crazy now but we really hardly need anything else for the nursery. A rocker and that would be about it.

I saw an old friend of mine, she was having complications and they really thought her baby would come early. At 36 weeks with a high risk pregnancy she was saying they needed to finish the nursery and I thought that was insane and pushing it close. I truly believe that ours will most likely be done by the end of October. Haha. Again, our due date is January 25th. We are just so excited and it would probably be done by now if we didn't still currently have room mates taking over Eli's room. Just to makes ourselves sound less crazy, we both work retail in fact I run the small retail store that we own and November and December are crazy for us. Therefore, we wanted it all done before the holidays so...yeah...are we less crazy?

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment