Monday, November 19, 2012

The Lunch Box

This morning I woke up with plenty of time to make lunch or even go to the grocery store and get whatever I wanted but...Mark was just lying there in bed when my alarm went off and he was so warm cuddly that I choose to stay in bed getting some last minute snuggle in before I started my day. This turned into me almost falling back asleep and not caring that it was about 30 minutes before our store opens and I hadn't even gotten out of my pajamas. Well, I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes and almost ran out the door but I decided it would be better to be 5 more minutes late than leave without food so I quickly tossed some items in a bag.

Because I was running late I also didn't get breakfast and had to throw in some extra stuff to help hold me over. Fortunately Mark had made some porkchops and brown rice for his lunches for the week and he kindly offered me a porkchop plus rice. I was late, had a lack of food, and am trying to eat healthier so what went in my bag....


THE LUNCH BOX:

4 Bottles of Water
1 Tangerine (50 kcal)
1 Kiwi (46 kcal)
2 Tbs of Peanut Butter (190 kcal)
1 Slice of Cheese (80 kcal)
1 Serving of Almonds (150 kcal)
1 Serving of Tortilla Chips (140 kcal)
3 Prunes (75 kcal)
1 Small Porkchop (220 kcal)
1/2 Cup of Brown rice (95 kcal)
1/2 Cup Raw Carrots (26 kcal)

I am not sure if I will get to it all because it's a lot of small things but that totals my calories before dinner & evening snacks at 1046, it also gets me at 49 grams of protien and has me eating a steady amount throughout the day. For the most part, my choices are on the healthier side. I will need to add some veggies in tonight and try not to eat the ice cream my husband insist on buying but I can still have a small treat if I want.

I am always curious what other people eat during their day so I thought I'd share my "menu". Mark always laughs at my "snack" bag for work because I always throw a bunch of small stuff in there. Their is nothing worse than getting hungry and having nothing so better safe than sorry.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment