Sunday, November 18, 2012

Rant....because I'm pregnant.

PREGGO RANT ALERT:

I guess I get up in the morning and get dressed because I'm pregnant, I do the dishes because I'm pregnant, I eat dinner because I am pregnant, every single thing I do, regardless of if it's something I do on a regular basis or not, is now because I am pregnant.

I probably find that annoying because I am pregnant and while that may be the truth, the fact that I ate a dessert tonight was because I wanted a dessert. I rarely eat dessert pregnant or when I'm not but sometimes I do and today I did. Not because I was pregnant but because I wanted an effing dessert. I also worked on organizing my store and someone said "Oh it's because I am nesting" or because I own the store and on a fairly regular basis I organize it. Been doing it for 6 years.

It was 65 degrees and I wasn't freezing my tail off and that was supposedly because I was pregnant. I can't even write a simply darn facebook status without someone commenting on the fact that I'm pregnant. Status "I've had a busy day...whew!" Comment: "Oh because you are pregnant." Really?!?! How does that work? Because I am pregnant my day was hectic regardless of the fact that it was busy with 100% non baby related things. Status "The store is so slow, I'm ready to go home" Comments: "Days drag by when your pregnant"....so the fact that I am pregnant means I have less customers.

Come on people....I'm pregnant, I get it. I constantly see my belly, feel my baby and am surely aware that I am pregnant. I am also aware that pregnancy has side effects (again, I live pregnant every day these days) but my whole lovely life does not revolve around my pregnancy and I am ready for the day when I can make a facebook status and NOT have a pregnancy comment or clean my house without it being blamed on nesting, or let's see...put on shoes without it being because I am pregnant.

Sheesh....People are crazy.

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment