Saturday, November 24, 2012

Baby Shower Dress

I think everyone has a pretty good idea of what to wear to their shower. Obviously when you are going to be the center of attention you put a little extra time and effort into your attire. I was googling ideas on the internet and had pretty much decided on a dress. I was all about dresses before getting pregnant but now that I am pregnant I don't wear them that often. I bought two dresses a black one with lace down the arms and on the back and the pink one that I decided was best for my shower.

After seeing several pictures of me in dresses now that I am later in my pregnancy I have come to a conclusion and that is to avoid dresses all together. I just feel like the dresses are like tents and do nothing for my figure or...lack their of. I did like my pink dress though and got lots of compliments on it. I am not sure now if people were just being nice or perhaps when you see me in person I look better than the pictures show.

Either way, the dress worked out fine for the shower. I heard from a few girls to avoid dresses because you can see up them and what not. In a couple of photos from the shower itself I could see where that might happen. Onto the dress, I bought it at Motherhood Maternity. I don't believe it was on sale but  I had a coupon.

Baby shower dress! Hot pink.



In this picture I hardly look pregnant and more just fat.
It was in early November but I live in Charleston and it was basically spring like weather the day of the shower so I wore exactly this. A pink dress, a long necklace, and sandals. My next shower is the 2nd weekend in December but since I've decided dresses are out of the picture it shouldn't be too hard to dress for.

Thanks!
Danielle

2 comments: