Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cat in Hat Shower Invites

My mother in law and mother threw me my first shower this past weekend. From what I hear that is normal but I've seen some people think that's tacky. It's not a wedding shower or something and this is my first child so I think regardless, the baby gets a shower and it doesn't matter who throws it as long as it isn't myself. My mother in laws close friend will also be throwing one but with family and friends and what not, one shower would have been to crowded. Don't worry though, we will only invited people to one or the other.

As I said, I did not throw the shower but I did, however, make the invites for this shower. This might seem silly and I really wasn't even going to share that information but how about a little background story. My mother in law was in charge of the invites and she wanted to get something Dr. Seuss themed. She couldn't find anything suitable in the store and so she went looking online. The only thing she could find there were templates that she would have to buy and then still get printed so I offered to make them for her. You see, it was actually saving her money/time/stress so though it's a little unusual that is the reasoning. Plus, they are super cute so I wanted to share.

I can't lie though, I am thrilled my mother in law and mom are throwing me one so that I can be a part of it. Anything they do is fantastic and I am certainly not needy or picky but it is fun to be a small part of the decision making. I was also quite happy with my DIY invites and I wanted to share them with you. I made them with photo shop elements and they only took an impressive 2 hours to make. Ignore the tacky black line, I didn't want to give away full adresses and phone numbers, obvsiously.



cat in the hat baby shower invites
DIY Shower Invitations

bring a book instead of a card
Shower invites insert!
 The invites are 5x7 and the insert is 3x5. We did the insert because I thought the "bring a book instead of a card" was cute. We needed room for the poem because we wanted to clarify that it could be a used book and that they didn't have to send a book if they didn't want to. I got the poem for the invite from several different places online, just google it and I got the poem for the insert also online. They are so darn adorable and I'll talk more about my shower later but we got a wonderful start to baby Eli's book collection.

I love them so much and have also made Thank You cards and Birth Announcements that will need Eli's photo added obviously. I won't share those just yet. Probably not until they go out but they are equally as cute.



One happy momma!
I hope you liked these and they would be very easy for me to edit for you or anyone you know if you are interested, just send me an e-mail!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment