Monday, November 12, 2012

3rd Trimester

I am into my 3rd trimester and I feel like I am torn between emotions. I look at my "new" body and think about how long it's been since I had a drink with friends...I look at our baby boys nursery and ultra sounds...I think about my husband and I's relationship and how it has flourished throughout the pregnancy. I also think about the fact that as soon as Eli is here, he is here forever and we will then be parents for the rest of our lives. When I look at all that I feel like I have made it so far and it hasn't bad at all. I do feel somewhat accomplished in how things have progressed and how my attitude towards all these crazy changes has been mostly positive. I see other people due in January talking about how we are finally in the homestretch and almost done and it is crazy to me because I remember just being 5 dinky little weeks pregnant and thinking the end will never be here.

On that note, I am now just over 29 weeks and feel like the end will never be here. When I think about the stuff in the above paragraph I feel like I've made it so far but when I think 10ish weeks...I think that is just less than 3 months. I could almost complete a full p90x program in the time I have left to meet our baby boy. This is also the busiest time of the year. In fact, I do not have a free weekend until after Christmas and at that point I will have just 4 more weeks. I know that time will continue to go by fast but at times I just start to feel a little discouraged.

This pregnancy has been fairly easy so far and perhaps I feel like this last trimester is going to bring on a bunch of the things that I have been dreading that haven't happened yet. Stretch marks, swelling...mostly I fear it in my face, more random size comments from strangers, becoming an emotional wreck, being exhausted, and having aches and pains that I haven't even imagined. I am nervous about all of these things because like I said, so far so good. I have been so blessed with an easy pregnancy but I just know the harder times are coming.

Along with these things coming I also know our baby boy is coming and for that I am excited. We still have plenty to do in the nursery, my 2nd shower (I'll post about my first soon), hospital classes, and actually having our son. I am so excited about the labor and delivery because that will be the final challenge and then we will be holding our son. I know that time will fly by between now and his birthday I just need to continue with the happy positive thoughts and know that it will all be over very soon and our lives will never be the same so I should enjoy the time I have left pre-Eli.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment