Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Accessorize

We had added to our Amazon wish list all of these fun Cat in the Hat accessories. The day of our 20 week ultrasound when we found out our baby was indeed a boy we ordered them. Every single item that we could find with Cat in the Hat got ordered about 2.5 seconds after we got home. We had all these fun things but couldn't do anything with them until we got our furniture which just came in not too long ago! I tell ya, it's was just like Christmas when we finally got the call that our crib and dresser were in. It was also the kick off of our second Eli inspired shopping spree so we now have more stuff ordered from Amazon and I can't wait for it to get here so we can complete the nursery. Don't worry, we've been saving.

We wanted to keep our accessories simple since the room is bright blue and our furniture was red. It is also near impossible to find Cat in the Hat items in actual retail stores. Although I wouldn't want your mainstream themes, I might have rethought Cat in the Hat if I knew it was going to so ridiculously hard to find items of that nature. It was/is too late now though because it's all I have thought about for months and there is no going back.

Here are some of our accessories. Most are computer screen shots and you probably won't see the actual product in the nursery until the end but, you get the idea.

Lamp shade, we are still searching for the perfect base.
Fitted sheet.
Cloth bins.

Cat in the hat clock!

They arrived I just kept looking through them over and over. We didn't even have the roommates out yet.
I love our items and they are simple to match with. I am still looking for a blanket or two that I want for his room and I've seen some awesome ones on ETSY but they just aren't quite simple enough. I did get an amazing one from Baby Bloomers that is light yellow and almost like sweatshirt material but it's not. It is so cuddly and soft. It goes beautiful with the accessories and the furniture. I think we are going to pass on the bumpers but if we decide to get them they will probably be light yellow. Bed skirt...light yellow...rocker... white with light yellow cushion. It's one of the 3 colors we chose. Hope you've enjoyed looking at our first little purchases. We have been busy bee's working on Eli's room now that his furniture is in. If you have any Seuss suggestions feel free to throw them out there. 

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment