Saturday, November 10, 2012

Losing My Mind

This is my brain...



Source

and this is my brain on pregnancy....

Source
I am seriously losing it. I don't think my dear husband even realized how much I am even losing. Let's start with a small example.

Husband: Let me go get your keys for you.

Me: I just got them.

Husband: Are you sure? I thought I saw you take them out of your purse.

Me: Yes, I am positive. I took them out and then realized I needed them so I picked them up and put them back in. (which I clearly remembered doing)

Husband: (being so sweet and no argumentitive) Oh ok.

Me: (in the car rumaging through my purse) Um....(more rumaging) I know I put my keys in here....(rumage)...sigh...I must have left them inside.

Husband: I'll go get them for you. (comes back...with keys in hand)

This is just a tiny example of the kinds of things I do on a trice-daily basis. How I will manage to keep our business afloat through this pregnancy is beyond me. Ordering things, paying bills, paying people, budgeting, cleaning, putting up Christmas signage, updating websites, marketing....I am fully relying on my iPad calendar and lists to help keep me progressing. However, after today I realize my list even needs to include things like don't close the store an hour early, don't forget to blink or breathe, pee once an hour, turn the car off when you park, take the top off a the bottle before drinking...you know, things a normal person just does because it's normal.

The other day it was Sunday and I was working. As soon as four o'clock hit I started cleaning up the store, bringing the stuff in from outside, turned off the lights, locked the door and was just about to do our closing duties on the computer when it hit me. We close at 5:00pm and have been for a year now. I have worked plenty of Sundays but again, you saw my brain and then my brain on pregnancy. I flipped the lights back on and finished up the day but sheesh...give me a break!

Haha,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment