Saturday, September 29, 2012

Maternity Wear

Maternity clothes...yikes! What's bringing this subject on is the fact that I just went and spent an arm and a leg on clothes. While I admit I spent too much, it was one of the first times since being pregnant that I went clothes shopping (for myself that is) and had fun and felt pretty. Maybe even sexy. I bought some really cute things and tried to be sure pieces I got could all be mixed together to last throughout the fall and winter.

When I first started outgrowing my regular clothes I went out and bought a size up in some shorts, shirts...basic stuff. That lasted about a month before I was having to replace again with another size up. After that I realized to just suck it up and get some maternity clothes. I think it was a smart move and I would encourage any newly pregnant woman to just dive into maternity clothes rather than trying to just buy bigger. The clothes I bought will now last me throughout my pregnancy and then after until I flatten back out again. It seems like such a large expense and I wasn't going to invest in those clothes but it makes a huge difference to me.

Wearing bigger clothes means they don't fit you right all over and if you're like me you start to feel frumpy. I always liked wearing fitted things that flattered my figure before and since getting a baby belly I haven't had the same confidence and pride in my body. I think it's important to embrace the changes taking place and I'm not that good at that...yet. I am getting better at and buying clothes that help me feel more confident definitely helps.

My typical shopping spree before involved buying anything cute and on sale. I had a boatload of clothes because they were inexpensive and I was happy enough with them. I was plenty confident in my body so even if I didn't totally LOVE the outfit I was always sure I pulled it off. Now a days that is a tad different. For my pregnancy wardrobe I have bought a few signature pieces that I absolutely love and that make me feel amazing wearing, but they did come with a slightly higher price tag.

I will post some photos of my favorite pieces in later posts but for those curious I have done most of my maternity shopping at Motherhood Maternity and Target. Target has some cute tops and SOME cute dresses. Motherhood Maternity has the awesome belly band type thing in their pants that to me is fabulous and worth the extra money. They also have some cute tops and some more formal things. I am finally excited for my next outing with friends rather than concerned about what I will wear to fit in and not just be the preggo.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment