Friday, September 28, 2012

Baby Hiccups

I think maybe, just maybe baby Eli had the hiccups tonight. It was one of the funnest little things yet. Just when I think this little child in the womb can't really do more than he's already done he does something else I think is so adorable! Before bed I did some mild exercises as prescribed by my Bradley class, squats and pelvic tilts, then I turned on the heating pad hoping if I heat my booty some it might help that pain not occur tonight. That and I love the feeling of a heating pad! After I got situated in bed with the lap top resting on my belly I felt a little movement...then again. When he gets active like that I try to stop what I am doing and put my hand on my belly because I LOVE to feel him move.

The movements got stronger and were happening at a fairly steady pace every 3 seconds or so. He has yet to move this much. The movements were also so strong that I could feel and see a little spasm in my tummy each time he moved. This happened for about 3 maybe more minutes. Of course this is a closing night for Mark so he wasn't here to feel or see but I did text him right away. He said he was jealous. I don't blame him. I am lucky! Well....until the whole labor and delivery thing, then we'll see who's "lucky". Ha!

So I'm torn between thinking they were hiccups or perhaps the tilts moved his position and he was just trying to get back into his perfect spot...or maybe even the heating pad changed his temperature some and he was freaking out. I've heard a heating pad is safe during pregnancy, you should just avoid putting it on your belly so I hope I didn't disturb him with that.  Either way, it was awesome and I love feeling my little Eli move around in there.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment