Saturday, September 22, 2012

Just for kicks!

When I posted about my first ultrasound it was indeed a bonding moment between me and this growing baby boy inside of me. The next moment this child really started wrapping me around his probably not yet even fully developed finger was when I felt him move. Not just on the inside of my belly but with my hand on the outside of my belly.

The first flutters are so amazing, don't get me wrong but I had a hard time telling the flutters of him from flutters of gas bubbles or other tummy issues. I thought I would know for sure right away and it would be a defining moment but by the time I knew what was him and what wasn't I had already felt him several times. This doesn't mean I don't now get happy every time I feel baby Eli kicking around just that it wasn't a clear cut moment when it started happening.

I do, however, clearly remember the moment I felt him move strong enough that my hand on my belly felt it. I was around other people and didn't feel like sharing my special moment with all of them but I was so excited. Mark was there so I told him but he couldn't tell how excited I was because I was trying to contain myself. I think I let out a small laugh but my heart jumped for joy! I pushed all over my belly trying to get him to do it again. It was such a distinct feel and a great reminder of the fact that I have a little miracle inside of me growing and maturing so he can come out and join the world.

Mark tried to feel him and couldn't. He rested his hands on my belly for quite sometime and though I could feel Eli moving inside Mark couldn't get a feel for him on the outside. About two nights later Mark was still trying to feel him and I told him to put his head on my belly and see if he could hear anything. He couldn't hear anything but as soon as his head got down there Eli kicked him in the head. We say kicked but from what I read, at this stage the movements you feel are supposed to be full body movements not just from a limb. Either way....we'll stick with kick. Mark was shocked and so was I. It happened 2 more times before we went to sleep and Mark said it was one of the coolest things he had ever felt.

I was so happy that Mark got to feel Eli and finally get himself some physical proof, besides just looking at me, of our baby. Since then he has not felt Eli with his hand but did get another kick in the neck. We were at 20 weeks when Mark felt Eli and I started feeling movement on the inside at about 18. 

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment