Saturday, December 1, 2012

What We Got at Shower #1

My 2nd shower is quickly approaching so this can help explain why I am posting so much about my 1st shower. I want to get all the details of that out of the way before the next one. I also had pictures that I needed to share and am falling behind on posts. This shower was mostly Marks family and my family so we got some pretty good things. At the shower I had a wonderful time opening gifts and spending time with family but after the shower I had a REALLY good time reopening everything with Mark in Eli's room and organizing all of his new things.


 Everyone came with such large bags. It was so nice to feel supported and loved and know that Eli is coming into the world being so cherished. Above you can see a picture of the baby whirlpool spa & shower which for some reason I wanted so bad. I realize he won't use it for long and would probably be just as content in a bucket or something but I just think it was so adorable and Mark liked it too. Maybe when Eli outgrows it I'll use it as a foot spa. Hahaha!
 Giedo is more than depressed about Eli's coming arrival but he was quite curious about all of the stuff we were bringing into the house and Mark, being the good dad that he is, tries to make him still feel special. Haha!
 Speaking of Giedo being depressed or should we say jealous...the above monkey that we got is awesome and sends off a dim light and plays soft sounds that are to be soothing to babies. Unfortunately, when I wasn't looking for 2 tiny seconds, Giedo snatched it up and put a hole in the monkeys foot before I could stop him. Fortunately I did find it soon enough and no stuffing was pulled out so I put a few quick stitches in the monkey and he is good and ready for Eli.
 This thing above was high on my wish list. It's one of those things that you put on the floor and it has different toys and stuff. It's supposed to be good for younger babies and something that can kind of grow with them for a bit. Also really good for "tummy time".
 The monkey up close before his poor foot got a chunk chewed out of it by jealousy inspired Giedo.
 I love the simplicity of this cute little frame and everyone that knows me knows their will be no shortage of photos of this child.
 For some reason I also LOVE these ball toys, like the one above. This is best when Eli gets a bit older...about 6 months but I am happy he has some new things he can use when he gets past the newborn stage.
 Another really cool thing was this sound/projector. It plays lullabys and projects different things onto the ceiling. I've heard babies/newborns really enjoy the changing lights and colors so I hope Eli can find comfort in this device. The lady that got it for us has 2 younger kids and she said she liked it so much she actually got us two...this one that will be in his room and a travel one.
 We also got toys, a few bibs, blankets, teething things, baby grooming supplies.....
 and since our invitation requested books Eli got a HUGE selection of books that got his library off to a great start. As a matter of fact the bookshelf that we got him is now almost full and for some reason I keep finding myself wanting to get him more books. Don't ask what my obsession with the books is because I have no idea. I am not a reader but the fact that he has all these books just makes me smile and I have started to read some to him in my free time.
 Mark was excited to put together Eli's floor thing because he too had heard such awesome things about it.
 Giedo stared while he wondered what his dad was doing and why he wasn't allowed to play with the stuffed toys that hooked onto the floor play device.

 Told ya....sad dog.
After we got all of our stuff unbagged and put together we designated spots for certain things and that was one of the most fun parts. I love opening each of his drawers and seeing spot for blankies, a spot for nighties, a spot for socks and hats, a spot for cute little bibs and burp cloths. He also has his bookshelf with all his little books and a basket for toys plus a smaller basket for teething type things.

His room is so special to me and it was awesome to have our 1st shower and be able to fill it up with some things!

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment