Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I expecting my posting level to drop in December. It is the busiest time of the year for me at work. Owning a retail store during the holidays is such a joy but also a lot of stress and hard work. I was slightly more prepared for it this year than last year. Last year I remember locking the door to the store on Christmas Eve and driving just far enough away that customers couldn't see me if any late ones stopped by. I parked and cried for a few minutes because I was so drained and exhausted and it was finally all over. I wasn't really sad or overly happy. I really was just exhausted and relieved. This year when the store closed I didn't shed a single tear but I was glad to lock up and my feet were so sore. We had a very good holiday season at the store and are finishing up a stong December right now.

I wish I had some more photos to share with you all from our Christmas but that day also happened so fast I forgot to take any. This will obviously not be happening in Christmas futures with little Eli joining us. This year Mark and I went all out for eachother for Christmas. We had ourselves a really big Christmas morning and now after us, my family and his, our house looks like it belongs on "the hoarders". It is a disaster. We are so very blessed to be able to have such a wonderful Christmas with our family and plenty of gifts to go around.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas as well and kept the true meaning of Christmas in your hearts. Hopefully next year I will get to post more of our Christmas traditions and December festivities. I will have more staff at the store and obviously adorable pictures of Eli to share as well.

Now that the chaos of December has passed I have plenty to catch up on with my postings.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment