Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree...

Oh Christmas Tree, oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are your branches!!!

We got our tree about a week ago. I am surprised it even took us that long. If you remember my excitement about Halloween I can tell you my husband feels just as strong, if not stronger, about Christmas. His younger brother got his yard decorated by the first of Dec. I think and when Mark saw that he just had to get our yard done. It actually still isn't done but we have added a 5ft light up tinsel moose, a 4ft tinsel snowman, and a 3 ft penguin. This is all on top of previous holiday yard decor we already had.

It makes me happy that he loves that he loves the holiday so much though. The day after we got back from our trip to see the Tran Siberian Orchestra we set out to get our tree. I always went to a tree farm and we cut our tree down when I was growing up. We want to continue that tradition but decided to hold off on it until Eli was here to join us.

 They had a ton of beautiful trees. Most were too big for our home unless we moved furniture and put it at the tallest point of our vaulted ceiling which we considered but knew that was silly.
 Here was one that I thought was super cute but I got a mean glare for even mentioning such a thing.
 This one was our final decision and while it was beautiful at the tree place it turned out really pretty in our house. It is way fatter in our home than it seemed at the place.
 Woodward farm did a good job growing their trees this year. I really didn't see a single one that wasn't in wonderful condition.
 After we picked it out the guy carried it over to trim the bottom, shake it off some, and net it up for its ride home. Which, by the way, was way less adventurous than our ride home with Eli's furniture. Haha.
 Sometimes I look at my husband and think he is such a  handsome man and that I am a very lucky lady...sometimes.

 Once we got our tree home we moved Giedo's couch which is typically just under this window. We dug out our tree stand and wiped off all the cobwebs. The tree got securely bolted into the tree stand. 

 We filled the stand up with water before we de-netted the tree and when the net came off the branches came out. WAY OUT! We realized we didn't have working tree lights and had to make a late night run to Wal-Mart to get some. As we pulled up they were locking up the garden department where every bit of their lights were. Luckily as we were standing there an employee was walking into the area and we begged him to let us grab some lights real quick.
 He was nice enough to let us, though I don't think we gave him much of a choice, and we headed home to light up the tree.
 It was fun putting on the ornaments because there were a couple of ones I had forgotten about. Some are just bulk ones from the store but others are a little more special.
 Look how large the tree is...oh yes... and me too. Look how large I am while you're at it. Eli is a growing man.

 I like this picture of the two of us.
 My men!
 Our first attempt at a family photo and Giedo just wants his belly scratched.
 Second attempt and Giedo blocked us both with his ears. Haha!
Yes...this was our final attempt. We kind of gave up. This is the last Christmas with just the two of us so we are trying to enjoy it as much as possible. I must admit though, we are very excited for the our holiday seasons to come.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment