Sunday, December 30, 2012

Maternity Boudoir Photos

Some ladies are so proud of their baby bumps and enjoy showing them off. It's fairly common to see women sporting bikinis around with an obvious baby bump and I have to admit I've judged those women. I always felt like showing off your bare baby bump in public was not appropriate. Now I couldn't care less what other women do with their bump but I myself would not rock a two peice in my current condition. As a matter of fact now that my baby bump is ready to pop any day now you will mostly see me concealing it in jackets or behind scarves in a failed attempt to hide it or make it look smaller.

While pregnant I have had VERY few times when I actually felt pretty much less sexy. I haven't enjoyed having my picture taken but I've sucked it up knowing I will one day be happy I recorded all these changes and keeping in mind that I won't have this belly for ever. On a recent business trip I decided to bring my "good" camera along and try to capture some "sexier" pictures of my pregnant self in attempt to 1, feel more like my old self, and 2, have memories of my pregnant self in a different light.

Business trips are not always fun but they do have their perks. One being that Wild Birds Unlimited just loves to host their meetings in big fancy hotels that the store gets to pay for and I get to enjoy. They also make great backdrops for boudoir photos. Typically Mark can't join me on the conventions so I have down time at night with nothing to do and the pictures do make good souvenirs for him also. ;) I decided just because I was pregnant was no need to put the tradition aside. And...after all that talk about women showing off their bare bumps, I am here to be a hypocrite and share some "saucier" photos of my baby bump.





 I really do like these photos and am glad I took them. I have a few more that will stay under lock and key but I will say it felt good to embrace the bump and show off a more sultry side. I still won't be rocking a two piece swim suit but these pictures will be a good reminder of my pregnancy body and a good momento for my husband and I in years to come.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment