Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trans Siberian Orchestra

Mark and I made plans to go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra for his birthday which was Nov. 30th. I have been wanting to see them for years but we never have. This year they were playing in Greenville which is about 3.5 hours from home. We booked a room at a bed & breakfast that was walking distance from where the concert was taking place. Occasionally we like to splurge on a nice hotel but this was our first time at a bed & breakfast.

I felt like it was a little intimidating at first. You are literally staying in a room of a house with other people. We were new to having breakfast with everyone and since Mark is a picky eater it was even more....interesting.

We made the decision that we would do a bed and breakfast again for sure but that a nicer hotel room was more our style.


 The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at was called Pettigru Place and it really was in the heart of Greenville. It was close to everything yet still on a side road that made it feel quiet and homey.
 
 Look how beautiful this place is. I love it and think a bed and breakfast would be such a fun thing to own. I told Mark when Eli (and any other kids we might have) are gown and moved out that we needed to open one of our own in a fun area.

 
 I guess this large table above is for busy days and several couples could eat together or if you came with a group. The place settings are so beautiful and decorating a place like this would be half the fun.
We ate at the small round table both mornings that we were there for breakfast and the breakfast was absolutely amazing every both times. I would love to wake up to a breakfast like that each morning. Also our room was right near the dinning room so we would wake up to the smell of amazing food.


The "Brass Giraffe was the name of our room and this was on the door. The room was so beautiful. A little more "exotic" than Mark's taste would prefer I think but I enjoyed it a lot.



Oh my goodness. I just LOVED this bathroom. It was so beautiful. The shower had a HUGE shower head that came down from the ceiling so it was like you were standing in the rain which felt fitting in this bathroom because it was so earthy and awesome. We were there for 2 nights and if I'm not mistake Mark took 5 showers. Haha!


If you were bored at night or interested in socializing people seemed to meet in this room to chat or have a glass of wine. We didn't really have time for that on this trip which next time we stay at a B&B we need to make sure we have time to relax and really take the experience in.

We shopped around Greenville some and went to a holiday market they were having. We also went to downtown Greenville to check out what that had to offer and they had a wonderful park area with an amazing waterfall.




It was interesting that all of this was in the middle of a downtown area but I think that is what made it more neat. After our exploring we went back to our room to relax a bit before our concert that night. We were shocked to see that just one street down from our B&B was parking for the concert for $10. Lucky us we could just walk. 

 The concert was at the Bilo Center in Greenville.

 I'm so happy I remembered my glasses because although we had awesome seats I would have not been able to see the musicians at work if I had left them.


 The lighting effects for the Trans Siberian Orchestra were very intense. They also had lots of smoke and fire ball effects. It was a really neat show to watch.

 Their show was called "The Lost Christmas Eve". They put a story to their song order and that was pretty entertaining. Their show lasted longer than we had thought it would but we really enjoyed it and had a great time. Every time I hear their songs on the radio I keep replaying those crazy effects they had in my head.

This was probably our last little get away until Eli makes his appearance. It was a good time and I am glad we decided to do a B&B before little Eli was here because that was an experience we would probably not do with him around.

Danielle










No comments:

Post a Comment