Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thank You!

We had our second shower this past Saturday and it was so much fun. All of my good friends came to this one and it was so fun to have all of them in the same room for the first time in a LONG time. Attending with my friends was all of St. Marks ladies that are friends with Marks mom and a few more friends of hers, plus my mom and sister in law.

Before our second shower I finished up and finally mailed out my thank you cards from the first shower. I am such a procrastinator. One night Mark went out with some friends and I had about 100 things I wanted to do but finishing the thank you cards was top of the list.

I wanted to stick with our nursery theme for the thank you cards since our first shower was based around it. For those of you that don't know or forgot...our theme is Dr. Seuss. I had this simple idea of printing my "thank you card" design on the front of blank cards but things are never that simple. Being stuck on the idea, I proceeded to print my design out and make thank you cards out of them anyways.

 If you're a craft supplies hoarder like me this project would cost you nothing but the ink to print out the thank you design. I first took blank white greeting cards and cut red ribbon to fit the bottom of the card. The ribbon was about an inch in thickness and I attached it using double sided tape.

 I then printed out all of my thank you designs...all on individual sheets of paper because I didn't feel like figuring out how to get two on one sheet. I also printed them on glossy paper but mainly because that's all I had.

 So next you put your 1st grade cutting skills to the test by cutting each one off the page.
 Then your 1st grade taping skills to tape the thank you design to the card. I used double sided tape for this project so that nothing wrinkled or bled through.

 After that, because buttons are included in my craft hoarding, I took out all of the blue and red buttons I had and tied smaller red ribbon through the button holes.

 Using "Zots", which are awesome, I attached the button to the top corner of the card and that really helped bring it all together.

 I think they turned out really cute and although that seems like a lot of work for thank you cards I had fun doing them. They allowed me to have a relaxing craft night, be productive, and use up some of my ridiculous craft supplies all at the same time.
 It was actually quite exciting to finish off two spools of red ribbon that I'd had forever, almost all of my white, blank greeting cards (in that size at least), and all of my red and blue buttons.
Plus they were special to those that got them. Each was hand made and a little different.

Now that my Dr. Seuss shower is finally wrapped up I can't wait to share details of our 2nd shower. I didn't break it down in so many sections because it was a family friend throwing it and I wasn't as involved. I also forgot to take pictures as we were going through everything. Whoops!

Thanks for checking in and sorry for the delay. I can probably expect to post less with the holiday season in full swing. I am swamped at work.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment