Saturday, January 2, 2016

Week 4

I wrote this then looked back in my one week and two week post and was blown away by how much better things have already gotten. From the beginning things have been so much easier with Noelle than I ever thought but the nursing issues have completely resolved (praise God) and Eli has come around to pretty much his normal self. Those two things were the biggest struggles this far. So....back to my post. 

Noelle is 4 weeks today and she is still such a joy. Everything is so much easier with her in this newborn stage than it was with Eli. We are going through a difficult time right now though. It is Sat and on Tues I took her to the pediatrician for some coughing she had been doing and vomiting. They diagnosed her with RSV and sent us straight to the emergency room. Fortunately this was just for monitoring and she seemed to be handling the virus quite well so they sent us home after an overnight stay. The next two days she seemed to be doing better but then seemed to take a turn for the worse yesterday and today. There is absolutely nothing we can do for her except saline and suction which we do pretty much all day. The mucus is entirely in her throat and chest and not in her nose at all so it is a challenge to clear her out. She coughs and chokes so hard when she has a rough spell and it's so scary to watch. They said the virus could last a while but the worse days are days 3, 4, and 5. We have no idea when it started but are very much looking forward to her feeling better. It is so scary. Despite her illness she is still very content and peaceful. The last several nights we had a span of several hours where she was fussy but tonight at 10pm she's been sleeping in my arms for 3 hours now. I truly feel so blessed to have this sweet baby girl. Eli had been fantastic lately too! He's been playing lots by himself and loving the train table Santa got him for Christmas and obviously the new race car too. Speaking of new race car, I got a new car as well. We could not all fit in the vibe anymore and I was feeling so cramped and crowded in there. So far I am feeling fantastic as a new mom of 2 despite a nasty head cold. I feel together, fairly organized, have kept the house fairly clean, and even feel fairly decent about the amount of sleep I'm getting. So much of that ha to do with what a wonderful baby this sweet little girl is and the other is having my wonderful husband around. He's not always catching on with everything that needs to get done but he has been helpful in keeping Eli entertained and letting me get some rest during the day. Overall I am just so happy and blessed, hoping Noelle recovers quickly and slightly waiting for the crazy to start because so far it's just seemed too easy. 


Danielle 
1/2/16

No comments:

Post a Comment