Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 4

It's day 4 with our sweet little Noelle. Really day 3 since she was born at 5:15pm on the 5th. Breastfeeding her has been way more challenging and painful than I remembered with Eli. My nipples are on fire and have sores on them, my milk came in yesterday and my boobs are swollen and very painful to the touch. Noelle doesn't seem to be emptying my boobs and she hasn't had a poop in 24 hours. She's so content and easy so far so I have a hard time thinking she's starving. I'm also torn between pumping to help build supply and empty boobs or wanting to reserve it all for her. I just started using a nipple shield and while there is still some pain it is manageable where it wasn't before. 

I know it's only day four but we are having a hard time balancing Noelle and Eli as well. Eli is acting out some but mostly j think it's that mark has been his primary care taker these last few days and neither one is used to that. Noelle is just the sweetest best thing and I'ce been glued to her since she's come home. It's hard not to be when I know this time passes so fast and I'm just so in love with her. She is so beautiful. I know all of this will get easier I just need to keep reminding myself of that. 

Danielle
12/9/15

No comments:

Post a Comment