Friday, December 18, 2015

2 Weeks Down

We made it through two weeks! Well...almost, tomorrow will be Noelle's two week birthday and she and I will be spending the day at the Birdstore. I hate to jump right back into work but it's Christmas time and we knew it was coming. We had a staff meeting last night and I went back a few days before just to check on things. Noelle is feeding so much better now. She had gained over a half a pound since her last weigh in when they were a little concerned. That was fantastic news. So far we've only had like 2 rough nights and maybe 3-4 rough days. The days were mostly because Eli was acting out and I feel so bad for him but at the same time he's driving me a little nuts. Yesterday I took him to the playground with Noelle and we had a good time. He laughed a lot and i played with him some. It was nice to just enjoy him for a while like I used to all the time. He has a cold which doesn't help. The school called today to say he bit a child. That doesn't happen often but again, I hate it because aside from me not wanting my child to be a mean bully...I also don't want him to have had a bad day at school since it's one of his only places to get away from Noelle. It hurts my heart to see him struggle and watch the rougher side of his personality emerge so much with this new transition. He is great with Noelle though and I know times will get easier. They say the first two weeks are the hardest with a new baby so I can hope we have a slightly easier next week and an even easier following week. 

Danielle
12/18/15

No comments:

Post a Comment