Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When do you lose your rationality?

When do you lose your rationality? 38 weeks pregnant. That is when you no longer think clearly about your previous decisions and decide it might not be so bad to take any action necessary to get your baby to go ahead and come into this world. I have read people on my WTE app for over a month on people trying all these silly and ridiculous things to get their baby to come. Drink castor oil, take herbs, eat weird foods, try strange positions, stair climbing, walking ridiculous amounts...I don't even know what else. You name it and it seems like many girls have tried in all in a, pretty much futile, attempt to get their baby to come. I sat there and laughed...and made fun.
SOURCE
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Jokes on me! At 38 weeks I've found myself googling "how to induce labor naturally", researching the weird herbs, and making plans to walk/workout several times a day. In my reasonable head I know that none of these things will work and that they will only induce labor if my body is ready anyways but like I said, 38 weeks is when you lose your rationality.

Today I had a visit with my Dr. and I asked him about some aches and pains that I knew were all part of it but just curious if he had any suggestions for relief. (he didn't) I also asked him what he recommends to get labor started in a timely manor and he said "naturally?" "Sex and staying active." BUT...he also threw in there "I have prescriptions that could put you into labor if you're ready." What the hell!?!?! Now I'm convinced my Dr. is evil.....just kidding. I know he is not but ugh...such temptation that in my moment of weakness he just had to throw that in there. 

My rationality and maybe my sanity is still around, it just goes out the door randomly depending on the hour and I can only see it getting worse until this little bundle of joy decides to arrive, perhaps by then it will be completely gone.

Oh and as an update, at my Dr. appointment today there was still no change. Everything's the same and nothing has progressed. Also, I know in my rational mind that means nothing. I could be dilated for weeks and not have a baby or not dilated at one apt. and have our baby by the next. But...I'm not rational.

Thanks for stopping by,
Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment