Thursday, August 30, 2018

First 2 Weeks Of Kindergarten

We're two weeks in! Eli is enjoying it but I can tell he is wiped out by the end of each day because he starts to get pretty moody come bed time. He's been a trooper riding his bike to school every morning and I've been a trooper too running 2.6 miles every morning to get him there. For the most part we are rocking our morning routine. I wouldn't say I love it. I'd much prefer to sleep until 8/9, play with my babies all morning, get them dressed whenever and go about our day our way  but alas, we must grow up. Despite it not being my most favorite part about life I am pretty proud of how the mornings are going. Everyone is up and moving at a proper time. We've yet to run late. Lunches are mostly pre-made and everyone has everything they need to get Eli to school.

What do we need to get Eli to school? Oh, you'd think we were hiking Mount Everest. The girls both need a bowl of cheerios to eat on the way, each need ice water, Pell needs her book bag with her "lunch box" and a book in it. Eli needs his energy balls so we can stop half way and snack. He needs a drink for the ride, a drink for school, his lunch box, book bag, helmet and many bike accessories. It's quite a circus. I am sure the neighbors are entertained seeing us trotting down the road at 7:45 in the morning. 

Eli is meeting a few new friends. He says he enjoys his days but he has to do a lot of work. He's usually excited to tell me one or two fun things about the day before wanting to run to his room and play. At drop of in the morning he is pretty adorable. The music teacher helps with the car line and Eli always says "Hi Mr. Benson" in the sweetest little baby voice ever. There's rarely moments when I see pieces of "little" left in him but something about the way he says that is so cute. Before Eli goes into school we park his bike, he eats another energy ball, drinks some water & then I say a little prayer for him. Today he didn't think I was going to pray and he asked "What about my prayer?" so that made me happy but I wasn't going to forget it. After our quick prayer he gives Taylor & Pell both a kiss on the head and pat before running off to go in the school. 

Every time I see him go in the school I wish he didn't have to go in. Life seems to short for me to send him off for 7 hours a day but I hear I'll grow to love it so I guess I'll just wait for that time to come. The girls & I have been having a good time while Elis at school. I've made it a point to leave my phone away from me so I can focus on playing with them undistracted. They are so cute and we do have a good time. 

We're still working out the afternoon schedule. It interferes with nap time pretty annoyingly so Mark may make some tweaks with the work schedule and try to get done in time to pick Eli up. Overall, things are going well with this new schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment