Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ceiling Medalion

While searching pintrest for girly nursery ideas I came across this photo:
 
http://houseofwentworth.com/2012/02/05/childrens-ceiling-medallions-by-marie-ricci/

I totally fell in love with these ceiling medallions but realized they were custom made and way out of the budget so I did some google searching and found other inspiration. I thought I'd be buying a white medallion online once I saw what Lowes had to offer but with a quick trip to Home Depot I found exactly what I was looking for. There were 3 sizes all different styles and of course I liked the largest one! This thing may be overkill when all is said and done or it may be absolutely perfect. 

I LOVED the detail on this one and floral was just what I had hoped for. I knew I wanted it pink with possibly green leaves and darker pink roses or I may just want it pink with gold accents. I bought every shade of sample pink, every can of gold spray paint (mostly for other projects), a pale green, gold regular paint and gold sparkles. You know what they say...
Well anyways, during Eli's nap I got the working on my creation. I painted the whole thing a pale pink and loved it. I debated on gold or colors but decided to add green and darker pink. I then painted it with gold dust to accent certain parts and painted straight gold into the border grooves. The gold detail is a little hard to note in the picture but once it's on the ceiling with the chandelier more photos will come. I love it so much and right now it sits in my dinning room table so I can adore it as it deserves all throughout the day! 😝
Danielle 
8/11/15





No comments:

Post a Comment