Sunday, May 4, 2014

Spring Time

Ok, I am just going to start with I don't know how the heck people can keep up with a blog. Especially those that do it enough for income. I mean sheesh! Maybe those people don't also have a full time job but lots of those people are moms and some moms of multiple kids but either way I am jealous. I had such high hopes of using this as a way to document my little one growing and instead I am lucky to post a recap every 6 months. Eh...oh well. Life goes on.

So springtime is full blown here & we are just loving it. It means busy times for me at the store and a little less time for me & Eli but the time we do have together is quality to the max. So much so that I may be spoiling the little turd but with a nickname like that...how spoiled can he really be.

We play outside, we go to parks, we do a LOT of yard work, & Eli apparently takes really long naps because springtime just wears him out. Our yard is very high maintenance and I want so badly to be able to enjoy it with my beautiful family but to make it presentable is a lot of work. I hope to post some of my yard photos soon and show off a few of my new goodies and diys. 

This post is actually fairly pointless but I felt the "want" to type a few things out before I got the cleaning on the house. Eli is 15 months old and such a joy. Watching him learn and grow and discovering what he knows (that I didn't even know he knew) is just such a fun experience. Today we played with his new "water table" outside and walked up and down the street about ten times. He loves having me read his stories and has even started asking me what things are in the book. He does this by pointing at something and making an "uhh??" noise...so not exactly asking but I know what he means. I can also ask him where certain things are like "Where's the cow?" and he will point to it. I just find that so entertaining.

I watched a short video today on youtube while Eli was napping that talked about how people are glued to their phones, computers, and ipads and it really made me think about how short life is and how fast you really could miss your child growing up if you don't put down your phone or whatever your technology poison of choice happens to be. I am obviously no where near perfect or a perfect mom but I try to hard to cherish everyday and moment with my little man knowing I only have a short, short time before he is off to school and only a short time after that before he is moving out and living on his own. Obviously that is years off but time flies by and do want him to know I love spending time with him more than my facebook/phone. Plus, let's be honest, the more I play with my phone/ipad the more he just HAS to push all the buttons right that second or his life is literally ending! HA so those items try to stay out of sight for most of our day.

So since I am on a biannual blog updating schedule, let me just say a few things he's learned since December. That way I can look back and at least know that sometime in the past 6 months of writing this my child learned something awesome. I don't keep up with a baby book either.

1) To walk!
2) To crawl, HA, he learned to crawl before walk but I just remembered he wasn't even crawling when I wrote here last.
3) Saying "quack quack" (in response to "what does a duck say"), "grrrrrrr" in response to what does a tiger say.
4) He claps his hands on demand
5) Does a "sad baby" face on demand
6) Brings his books to me to read & cuddles in my lap
7) Points to ask what things are
8) Can point out some things when asked...ex. Where is the dog?
9) Has 9 teeth (I think) and likes to brush them.
10) Is a master stacker. He can stack toys and blocks like it's no bodies business. So much talent I tell ya.
11) Sleeps so well. 8pm-7/8am and naps once a day for about 2 hours. He doesn't even cry when he goes down anymore. 
11) To cling to me like white dog hair on a black blouse but don't worry...that's only when I am trying to do things like dishes, vacuum, dust, brush my teeth, sweep, fold laundry, work, talk on the phone, clean the kitchen, brush my hair, put toys away, go to the bathroom, get dressed, put on my shoes so yeah...it could be worse and he could be like that all day.

It's all a blast though and I hope I can be back on here sooner than later for some more fun post rather than just an update. Thanks for checking in!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment