Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Positive for Corona Virus

 We made it to Christmas. All the way to the end of 2020 and with vaccines currently being administrated and a small...very small...light at the end of the tunnel and what I feared most happened. Several days before Christmas Papaw was having episodes of vertigo. Nobody assumed it was from the virus. Charles and his family came into town and they stayed clear of us. We had a potential exposure in Noelles day school and had gotten a negative test back but the timeline still had it iffy. All my family had lunch together without Mark or I...we were working. Everyone said Papaw looked rough and we began to worry that he might have potentially had a stroke. Christmas morning Grandmommy and Papaw were supposed to come over bright and early but they didn't show. I called grandmommy and she said they were not good and she was taking Papaw to the hospital. We had a wonderful Christmas morning with Charles, Valerie, the kids, Nana and Grandpa over despite all being worried about Papaw. We then found out that Papaw tested positive for the virus and had pneumonia. As we wrapped up Christmas morning my mom started feeling sick and later that day a few of us were having symptoms of the virus. We all got tested the next day. Kids positive, my parents positive, Charles positive. The next day we were all feeling symptoms. Papaw is in the hospital not getting better but not having any major scares either. 

Charles quarantines in the camper until he can get another positive test just to be sure. Work is complicated for him if he is positive. My parents are very sick. Mark is sick and I am sick. The kids are mild. Charles test positive again and decides to just quarantine in our house. My parents are still very sick. Valerie and kids never test positive and eventually go back to TX. We try to keep grandmommy in good spirits with socially distanced visits. We still aren't 100% sure she ever got the virus. She will get a test to see if she had it later. It's been 10 days and Mark is better, kids are better, I am feeling better as well but easily winded. I am shocked at how long the virus has taken a toll on me and my parents. Mom is still pretty sick. It's depressing and hard to imagine feeling 100% again but I know the day will come. Our quarantine ends today according to the health department.

 Papaw is still in the hospital. We are all so worried about him but it does seem as if he is getting a bit better. I am scared for grandommy. It is torture to have a loved one in the hospital and not be able to see them. It isn't fair. I'll be in touch with updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment